Seasonal Farmers Market
Information updated October 2021
The Howard Lake Farmers Market has been sponsored by the Howard Lake Area Chamber of Commerce since it began six years ago.
Howard Lake native Myra Laway has been the market manager for the entire time, and has helped it grow into the full-fledged market it is today.
The Howard Lake Farmers Market typically runs on Thursdays from 3 to 6 p.m., from mid-June through Labor Day. It takes place at Howard Lake’s Lions Park, along Hwy. 12.
When inclement weather appears on the horizon, organizers have the option of moving the market inside at Howard Lake’s South Shore Event Center.
Laway said the market had 10 active vendors for the summer of 2021 – five of which were new. Also new this season was a Senior Bucks program for people ages 55+, as well as the kids’ PopClub (Power of Produce).
Kids activities were sponsored by four organizations: Reading with Carol & Penny, WCCA Headstart, Wright County Public Health, and the West Metro Food Allergy Connection.
Running W Concessions Food Truck was on site during the last half of the season, serving up mini donuts and cheese curds.
• Myz Designs – sixth season – Myra Laway, Noreen Horsch, Lisa Kotila, and Anika Monson – baked goods, preserves of all kinds, L’s Little Journals, Anika’s Tye Dyes, and Myz Bling on the Boat Collection.
• Heidi Joy Bursch – third season –Tastefully Simple consultant.
• Grandpa & Grandma’s Berries ‘n More – second season – Rick and Beth Deiken – produce of all kinds, especially sweet corn, and preserves of all kinds.
• Howard Lake Royalty program – second season – fundraising for the program via bake sales.
• White Heart Soap – first season – Ronda Bardwell and Kirstie Kussatz – soaps, lip balms, and bath bombs made from goat’s milk.
• Healthy Farm Foods – first season – Ed Warn and Mary Lynn – Fococcia bread, pies, maple syrup, and produce.
• Freshly Baked – Amber Lamphere – baked goods.
• Hole in the Day Farm – Adam Nelson – wood turnings, honey, and flowers.
• Helen’s Girls – Becky Aanerud and Debbie Ernst – crocheted hats, flowers, towel holders, purses, and pet posies.
Laway also schedules Winter Markets at the event center. The current schedule includes a Fall Fest Saturday, Oct. 23; Holiday Fun Saturday, Dec 11; and Winter Fun Saturday, Feb. 12. Each event runs from 9 a.m. to noon.
More information about the Howard Lake Farmers Market, or to access a vendor application, visit the City of Howard Lake’s website, and click the Farmers Market tab, visit the market’s Facebook page, or email Laway at HowardLakeFarmersMarket@howard-lake.mn.us.